I have a 4 year old Dell XPS the monitor will shut down then the system after 10-15 minutes, then the entire system will shut down a few moments after. The power cord was replaced because I believed it was the issue since it 'fraid', however with the new power cord the same situation. Any thoughts? Thanks for you time...

I have a 4 year old Dell XPS the monitor will shut down then the system after 10-15 minutes, then the entire system will shut down a few moments after. The power cord was replaced because I believed it was the issue since it 'fraid', however with the new power cord the same situation. Any thoughts? Thanks for you time...

Hi
is it your monitor problem or cpu problem i dont understand
if the problem with cpu then pls chck following things
Ram
PSU
temperature of processor heat sink

I believe it's both, first the montor of the laptop shuts down then the computer, a couple minutes later... I have checked my 'power monitor' and again, the original powercord did fray, so I purchased a new one and the same situation with the monitor then computer/cpu/laptop. Thanks!

I think but i am not sure the problem is with your cpu
not with monitor you observe yourself performace of computor whether it is running too slow or getting hot accordingly pls check ram & power supply unit one of them might have faulty

Thanks for your input. I have replaced the power cord and still the same/similiar shut down. I have not replace the ram.

Thanks for your input. I have replaced the power cord and still the same/similiar shut down. I have not replace the ram.

Insted of replacing power cord you have to replace power supply unit

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.