hi my laptop has started stutting down straight away, when i switch it on the start and battery light flashes then it shuts down

its a compac c300ea

thanks for your help in advance

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

possible heat issue ,caused by dirty cooling heatsinc and fan! but then again it could be a new laptop as you didn't give much info on the laptop !

also did you try booting up with the battery out or with it in a nd the power cord out

Hi i have tried turning it on without the battery in and only pluged in to electric but the same thing happens.

it statrted after my puppy bit the wire so i ordered a new one (not from compaq) but this did not help.
sorry i have not supplied much info dont know what you need to know

many thanks

dont know what you need to know
/QUOTE]
anything that you already tried ,so that posters don't offer help that you already tried .
all i can say is because its not from Compaq ,then you really need to make sure its compatible with the laptop!
also was it plugged in when the dog chewed the cord!

hi yes it was plugged in when she chewed it

when i ordered lead it did say its compatable with my laptop

i have taken back off and took what i think is the memory cards out and tried without them and the same thing happens.

i dont really know alot about laptops but cant really afford to go to pc world

many thanks

hi yes it was plugged in when she chewed it

Possible then that it shorted out your motherboard ! and it may never work again in its present state !

can i test this ?
if so how?

How much will it cost to repair?

can i test this ?
if so how?

How much will it cost to repair?

cant test it on a help forum that for sure ,you will need to have a tech look at it . ,and as far as cost goes that depends on the severity of he problem, and what the local computer rate is in you area !.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.