I replaced my ati 9600pro with a Nvidia 6800oc 128mb card...i can barley tell a difference when playing games. Should i be able to tell a big difference? Is there a program that tells you how many frames per second you are running?

Any suggestions or comments would be helpfull

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I replaced my ati 9600pro with a Nvidia 6800oc 128mb card...i can barley tell a difference when playing games. Should i be able to tell a big difference? Is there a program that tells you how many frames per second you are running?

Any suggestions or comments would be helpfull

Thanks

Hey Jake13 could you give a little more info for example what games you are playing....because if you are playing a low demanding game (The Sims) NO you will not notice a difference unless you have all the eye candy turned up then you may notice minimal change.

As for the FPS normally if the game supports it, it's a consol command you just type in. But if you are OCing I would use Far Cry Benchmarking utility it is designed to put your graphics card under the stresses of gaming and gives you a report at the end to include FPS.

Let me know how this works out for you.

also the 9600pro combines with a powerful cpu will give u a decent amount of FPS and anything aboove 60FPS your eyes cant catch the fps.

RCrev is right! 9600pro isnt a bad card and can deliver some results. make sure you are benchmarking on games like Chronicles of Riddick, Doom3 and HL2. However if the CPU isnt powerful enough the 6800U becomes not that great!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.