Hello. My system will freeze when It hits windows right after I install the drivers for my Radeon 9600 Pro video card. I then have to enter safemode to remover the drivers and the system will run. I put a Nividia gforce 2 old card back in for now. I ran that Driver Clean. but with no luck. I installed all the updates including direct X 9c from Micro - widows updates site. I have a ECS motherboard PT800CE-A and a 3.0Ghz P4 CPU and 2x 512mb DDR400 samsung brand. running windows 2000. I was useing a Gforce 4 TI card 128mb. I even tried on a newly reformated hard drive with windows 2000 still same problem. any ideal what to do and where to get updates thanks Joe

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can try installing the latest driver for Radeon cards here if that's what you want. It is good for WinXP and Win2K.

You can try installing the latest driver for Radeon cards here if that's what you want. It is good for WinXP and Win2K.

I ended up returning the card. It turned out it was bad. when the new one arrived it worked fine. I kinda thought it would be. I had bought a 9200 for my son and it would install in mine no problems. so I was perrty sure that the card was the problem.
But thanks for the help. Joe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.