My new build will POST but then I get the blinking cursor on a black screen.
I am running an Intel E7300 on an ASUS P5Q ATX board with 4 GB of RAM and a 430 PS.
I hooked up my CDRW and it works when the computer starts and then I can't open it after about 20 seconds. So it won't read my ASUS disk.
I can get into the BIOS.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jon

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

My new build will POST but then I get the blinking cursor on a black screen.
I am running an Intel E7300 on an ASUS P5Q ATX board with 4 GB of RAM and a 430 PS.
I hooked up my CDRW and it works when the computer starts and then I can't open it after about 20 seconds. So it won't read my ASUS disk.
I can get into the BIOS.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jon

hi,have you install windows yet !

I don't get this part

I hooked up my CDRW and it works when the computer starts and then I can't open it after about 20 seconds

when its open put the disk in and reboot ,make sure that the cdrw is first boot device ,in the bios , or boot sequence

I am able to open the drive, put in the disk and close it and then I restart the computer and nothing happens, but the disk is spinning. I do have the CDRW to start up first in the BIOS. This is the second drive I've tried the disk in.
Can't get to Windows install because of the drive. I tried that disk too.

To make things simpler, try taking out all the RAM except for 1 stick.

If you're confident, have a look at the RAM settings it's detected to ensure it's detected the correct speeds and voltage.

Do you have a graphics card? If so, set the 'init-display' in the BIOS to PCI-E.

when you c that little white cursor flashing it means that it is trying to find a boot device, what you need to do is pull out all of you ide and sata devices(turn the pc of first) then turn it back on and c waht the error message says!? if any thing changed then you should get a message saying "operating system not found or boot device not found" if you do get this try connecting one device at a time and turning the pc back on, if you do not get the same messages after connecting a device then you know what device is the problem!? also try updating your bios as ive had this problem before(the pc maybe new but the boards bios might be a couple of versions behind).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.