--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a bit embarrasing but I cannot remember the solution! I recently built a new system for a workmate, he gave me his old system to practice on. I bought a new case, fitted the board (including cpu and graffics card from old system) plugged in a monitor, cleared CMOS, switched on - nothing! Well, not exactly nothing but a series of beeps. I haven't had this problem for years and can't for the life of me remember how to remedy it. Would appreciate any help!

Motherboard - ECS K7VZA
CPU - AMD DURON 800

Have tried ECS website but no joy.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

THe beeps are an error code, usually groups of three, 2 4 2 4 2 5 etc
Count them...

My first guess is that you didnt get the memory seated properly...
Or it is the wrong type...

More info next time... make model etc...

Hi, thanks for the reply, just got my system back together again. I was a bit lazy and frustrated the other night! After reading through a few posts I was able to fix the problem. Graphics card not seated 100% correctly! Got my sh## together now, everyone's happy! Keep up the good work everyone.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.