I got my MB and proc. running finally, just reinstalled winxp pro. Now whenever windows is running and I let it go Idle, either the motherboard or proc. is shutting down my board. the power light is on, but everything else is shut down. Anyone know why it would do that?

Using an 868P-A Elitegroup MB with interl P4 3.2g.
512 pc3200 ddr ram
old Maxtor 40gig HD

Do you have an update to your problem? I purchased a 848P-A with a 3.2Ghz processer also and I have a 40 GB Maxtor harddrive. I am having the same problems you were having. Thought maybe you could help me if you had a solution.

Do you have an update to your problem? I purchased a 848P-A with a 3.2Ghz processer also and I have a 40 GB Maxtor harddrive. I am having the same problems you were having. Thought maybe you could help me if you had a solution.

:cheesy: Got my machine running......I just had to buy an update to date power supply. Now I am just running the Motherboard disk to update the BIos....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.