Hi All,

I have a Compaq Presario 2170US notebook which has been serving well as a paper-weight the last few years. I am attempting to refurbish it, but when I took the keyboard out, I accidently broke the little plastic piece that holds the ribbon in place in the ZIF socket.

I'm trying to find where I can get a new one, short of having to to purchase a used motherboard that might have one. Is there a vendor that might specialize in these small parts.

My keyboard model is 317443-001, if it helps to actually track down the part that I need.

Thanks.

Regards,

whiteheadw

Hi all,

After doing some additional research later this evening, I finally found what I was looking for on Ebay. Apparantly, its called a keyboard cable clip.

Just in case someone else has a similar issue and uses google:

Keyboard Cable Ribbon Clip ZIF replace

Try googling (or searching Ebay) for make/model of laptop and keyboard cable clip.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate the site that let me to this link.

Since I didn't want to accidentally violate TOS, I'm not placing the vendor's name where I found this, but here is the direct link to an image of what I was looking for:

http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/8e/4a/f282_1_b.JPG

I can send the ebay vendor URL upon request.

Thanks.

Regards,

William

Would you mind sending me a msg on the vendor? I was able to fix my problem with a clip from a broken laptop I had around (own a PC repair shop) but I'd like to be able to get a hold of a few if I need them in the future.

Thanks!

PS ebay search turned up empty :(

Hi all,

After doing some additional research later this evening, I finally found what I was looking for on Ebay. Apparantly, its called a keyboard cable clip.

Just in case someone else has a similar issue and uses google:

Keyboard Cable Ribbon Clip ZIF replace

Try googling (or searching Ebay) for make/model of laptop and keyboard cable clip.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate the site that let me to this link.

Since I didn't want to accidentally violate TOS, I'm not placing the vendor's name where I found this, but here is the direct link to an image of what I was looking for:

http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/8e/4a/f282_1_b.JPG

I can send the ebay vendor URL upon request.

Thanks.

Regards,

William

Dear William,
Yes my friend, I too have broken the keyboard cable clip on my Fujitsu Lifebook. I would very much appreciaTe your emailing me the vendor information.
Regards,
John
ddougherty2@nc.rr.com

I need ram clip for mercury motherboard pi945

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.