I am a xp user.I used Easeus patition magic for deleting a partition. then a window came with 2 options : 1. delete partition ; 2. erase data and delet partition.
I dont know why i chosed option 2, and then my harddisk was totally blank,cannot boot. then i did the data recovery with professional help. but now I cannot install xp in my harddisk. it says, the storage is unreadable.
I tried to format it as a slave in another pc, but it also cannot detect the harddisk. bios can detect though.
i tried with disk management. it showed the disk ,but as unallocated space and all the right-click options are disabled except Properties & Help.
Please tell me what can I do now.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Did you create a dynamic disk? you need to create a basic disk. If you are not worried about losing info at this point in xp setup delete the partition and recreate it. YOU WILL LOOSE ALL DATA DOING THIS!!!

Did you create a dynamic disk? you need to create a basic disk. If you are not worried about losing info at this point in xp setup delete the partition and recreate it. YOU WILL LOOSE ALL DATA DOING THIS!!!

actually i tried this step. but windows cannot access my disk. so i cannot even delete or create any partition. its just a raw 160gig of storage & quite unreadable.
i am not worried about the data,cuz i hv all my backups.

Do you know if it's an sata drive? What model computer? you may have to get the sata driver for the drive for windows setup to see it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.