:confused: Ive got an Dvd-burner/Cd drive and it cant read any of my disk and i cant burn either....plz help coz the warranty just run out a week ago!!!! i happened rite after i woz watchin a dvd help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant afford $500 for a new one (btw is on a laptop if that matters)

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

nop it didnt fix it but it kinda showed the problem....when i uninstalled it i put a disk bak in and quickly went 2 my comp and it showed that it saw a disk but after 3 secs it stopped turnin.....thats the problem....i think:rolleyes: HELPPPPP!!!!

Civic, there are linked articles and other links within those mentioned in that topic. If you dig down through it I'm sure you'll find information which will lead to the resolution of your problem.

Experience tells me that when problems such as yours arise, there has been more than one instance of CD burning software installed, and the problem is created by the reultant conflicts and corruption in the OS.

Quite frankly, the most straightforward and sure way to resolve it is to start over and install clean again. If you'd like to avoid doing so, then weeding your way down through all the links and sites the link above leads to will contain your particular solution somewhere.

Wot should i search 4? i only got nero....

what type of drive is it and what OS are you running?
Have you changed your ide cable to a new one?
what software are you using to burn cds?
if its a new dvdrw you might need a eide cable, I was having problems with my burners, I put a new eide cable in and that fixed my problem.

what type of drive is it and what OS are you running?
Have you changed your ide cable to a new one?
what software are you using to burn cds?
if its a new dvdrw you might need a eide cable, I was having problems with my burners, I put a new eide cable in and that fixed my problem.

its a TEAC DV-W22E its a DVD-R Burner and wot the hell is a ide cable?
+ NERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SAID IT:!: :!: :!:

maybe if you were to display a bit more maturity and at least attempt to speak normal, syntactically correct English, you'd be able to understand better what others try to communicate to you (plus those others would better understand what you try to communicate to them).

Just playing dumb isn't going to help you...

IDE cable is the flat ribbon cable that connects your dvd-r or cd rom to the mother board. But never mind that becuase I didn't see that this is a laptop.
Sorry if you posted it before I didn't see it in any of your posts in this thread.

Well I'm sorry,In the title it says that I cannot read any disk media and I cannot afford $500 for a new DVD-R burner. The problem is on a laptop and I go to high school and i would like it if you 'techie gurus' could help me. It also cannot burn.

Have you tried uninstalling all burning software, ythen uninstalling the drive?

Have you tried the rep[air tool?

Have you tried the registry tweaks which change the setting for the drive?

Those and others are techniques within the articles I linked earlier. There is a wealthof information there to work through. Your problem won't have a single unique cause. CD burner problems are common, and can result from a number of causes.

Excuse me, but i really need a str8 4word answer since all the links and things dont help me at all...one tip was to replace my drive but thats the thing i want to avoid and thats y i came here...mine might be ur 1st unique problem... my concern is not that i cannot burn it is that i cannot read any media, CD or DVD, if i am rude please excuse me since i am very frantic since i must install a new program to further my studys in high-school and i cannot afford to lose my spot in my class and i cannot afford another $500 on my laptop. many thanks to the one who understands my problem and solves it

civic, ever considered that there just ISN'T a straight 4 word answer?

The links to articles I provided, and the other linked articles nested down in them, collectively contain just about every known technique for correcting problems with CD/DVD/Burner optical drives. There are a vast number of causes of such problems, and about 99.95% of them are software related. The other instances are hardware failure, and that's a lot rarer than people think it is.

If reading through all of it, and trying the techniques mentioned, doesn't work for you then back up your data files to another machine, format, and install Windows and your programs cleanly again. THAT'LL fix it.

BIG MEANIE i cant back up anythin every thought of that?

BIG MEANIE i cant back up anythin every thought of that?

Civic, have you even tried any of the suggestions from Catweazle? Or more importantly, the tips and tricks in the thread linked?

EVERYONE can back up data files so long as the files still exist on the drive and that the hard drive still works.

Sometimes, you simply gotta remove the hard drive from the computer, put it in someone else's machine as a second drive, and copy your data across from there. If you don't have any friends with a working PC, then you might just be stuck with having to pay someone to do it.

yeah but nuthin works!

Hi.. i speak just a little bit of english.. so ill try..

my problem is.. my drive doesnt read MUSIC CDS!.. it reads DVD, Software and Data CD!.. ive tried with the links in this post.. including Microsoft's AutoPlay Repair Wizard.. ive re-installed all the softwares in my pc.. and i even changed Windows XP and now im using Windows Vista.. and it doesnt works!..

i dont know what to do.. is there any trick or something to solve this problem?..

ill appreciate your help! .. im kind of desperate =S.. what's wrong? =|..

Um, in the future it would be better to obey the rules and make a new thread instead of hijacking other peoples posts from like 2005;)

Sorry.. im ignorant.. and this site is for help, ah?.

Would you bring me some help? Thanks.

yeah, please describe exactly what happens when you insert a music cd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.