Hi to everyone.

I had some problems after changing my motherboard processor.

My motherboard was a S-series Gigabyte GA-m57SLI-S4 rev2.0 and the processor amd AMD ATHLON 64 X2 6000. I bought a Phenom 2 940 to change the current one but i didn't check the motherboard support list and i tested it after i see.so after changing the processor computer was on a black screen but all the fans are working and i dont get any beep sounds.Then i put back my old cpu and again the same problem black sreen no bios nothing. I disconnected everything but again the same problem. The PSU is new. I had the same problem 3 years ago with an Abit motherboard after removing and putting back the processor the motherboard stopped working and when i changed the motherboard everything was working fine. What i dont understand is why when changing the processor something happens. I know something happened to the motherboard but what happens i don't know. I cleared the cmos took of the battery. Nothing helped

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi to everyone.

Today i conected a speaker and i get a one long high beep. The bios is awarde but i dont know what that long beep means.

How much RAM and modules do you have?

Try reseating them if that doesn't work try using one module.

you did apply thermal paste when you installed the new processor didn't you?

How much RAM and modules do you have?

Try reseating them if that doesn't work try using one module.

you did apply thermal paste when you installed the new processor didn't you?

Thenks for your help XLPHOS.

Ok i have three modules. 2 of 1gb and 1 2GB. I took all the rams off but i still get the one long beep. I will try to do whatever you said with the ram araingment. When i installd my old proccesor back i applyed a thermal paste i cleaned the old one before. When i keep my hends on the prossesor i fill that its geting a bit heat does that mean tha the prossesor is working and itsnot burned or something? Also the northbirdg is geting heated so that means that the motherboard is ok and its not burned? Is it possible that the new AMD phenom that i tryed to intall at the begining got burned or anything because it was not supported? I ordered a new motherbord for the phenom and i hope its not burned because i used it withe my motherbored? I did not touch anything else just took the old proccesor put the new phenomit did not work then i took it off and put back the old one i cant understad what went wrong. If i can give mor information so that you can understand better the problemplease askn me. I also tryed to finde the bios beep explenations. It says tha the long beep means probably that the cpu is geting heated. Thenks

The one long beep was a dram problem after changing the ram places the problem was solved. Thenks goos to XLPHOS

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.