I'll cut to the chase, because I doubt I can control my temper long enough to post much. Anyway, I've tried using both my HDTV with an s-video cord and a CRT monitor for the displays for my brand new gaming rig. On the HDTV, I got a blue screen, rebooted, and I stopped getting an image. No Signal. Nothing I did brought it back.

So I jack the PC up to a CRT monitor. Works great for 2 hours, then the computer locks up randomly, I reboot, and I can no longer get an image. It happened twice now. I have three other CRT monitors, but they are all busted and can't be used.

My system specs are:

A780GM-A ECS Black Series Motherboard
Athlon 7750 Dual Core 2.7GHz Processor
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB
2x1GB 1066 Dual Channel RAM
And a 500GB SATA HD.
For the disc drive, a simple DVD-RW.

I have no idea what's going on and it's really stressing me out and pissing me off. It seems that each time I get closer to finally having no more issues, I get a new one slapped in my face.

Hmm. If this may tip anybody off, I propped open the case and turned the PC on, then noticed that the video card fan didn't start up at all until I flicked it with my finger. Previously, I hadn't heard much of anything in the computer except for the case and CPU fans, so maybe the card was fried?

I don't really see how...I didn't even play a game during my time on it, so unless a card can overheat just by sitting there with a faulty fan, then it looks like I'm due for a replacement already. Huh.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.