Hi everyone,

My brother bought me a external harddisk 1TB, company called buffalo in japan. Now he came to india. We used that harddisk for one year. last week that harddisk doesn't display its drive and that was in FAT32. We open the external case and connected that hardisk directly to sata cable inside my mother board. But that also not worked. That was samsung harddisk. While run that harddisk i hear Click sound for few seconds than it stops. Than i try to look in samsung warranty check website and Modelnumber was not shown in that india samsung warranty check website. Anyway i took my harddisk to samsung service centre in my country india and they refuse to replace my harddisk, as it was bought in japan.
Model no: HD103UJ P/N:480912CQ879982 S/N:S1B9J1NQ806814 TYPE:SATA
Question 1:
Samsung does not have global warranty?.
Question 2:
There is any other way to replace my hardisk or troubleshooting that problem?
Kindly help me out as it was bought for huge amount. Anyone help pls

Hi everyone,

My brother bought me a external harddisk 1TB, company called buffalo in japan. Now he came to india. We used that harddisk for one year. last week that harddisk doesn't display its drive and that was in FAT32. We open the external case and connected that hardisk directly to sata cable inside my mother board. But that also not worked. That was samsung harddisk. While run that harddisk i hear Click sound for few seconds than it stops. Than i try to look in samsung warranty check website and Modelnumber was not shown in that india samsung warranty check website. Anyway i took my harddisk to samsung service centre in my country india and they refuse to replace my harddisk, as it was bought in japan.
Model no: HD103UJ P/N:480912CQ879982 S/N:S1B9J1NQ806814 TYPE:SATA
Question 1:
Samsung does not have global warranty?.
Question 2:
There is any other way to replace my hardisk or troubleshooting that problem?
Kindly help me out as it was bought for huge amount. Anyone help pls

y there is no reply to my doubt. is tha this site changed to payable site?

To my experience samsung has a harddisk reliability problem for the popular 1Tb HD103UJ. See below for my experiences:

unreliable disk samsung HD103UJ

For warranty issue's, getting global support for IT equipment is a bit of a headache. Rule of thumb is that RMA's are only serviced in the area of purchase. See my experience in getting support on a SAMSUNG 2,5" harddisk out of it's warranty region.

Hard disk crash Samsung Spinpoint HM121HC

Unfortunately it's not good news - I stay away from samsung storage solutions for the time being,

Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.