One of my friend's pc has got the prob. His mouse does not work after the pc restarts. And when the pc is restarting the bios sometimes boot lately and then the problem occurs. That is, when the bios screen appears lately the mouse does not work. Windows starts normally and the keyboard works properly but the mouse does not work. No message appears informing that "hardware missing" or something like that.

Sometimes the DVD does not work either after the pc functions for sometime.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

One of my friend's pc has got the prob. His mouse does not work after the pc restarts. And when the pc is restarting the bios sometimes boot lately and then the problem occurs. That is, when the bios screen appears lately the mouse does not work. Windows starts normally and the keyboard works properly but the mouse does not work. No message appears informing that "hardware missing" or something like that.

Sometimes the DVD does not work either after the pc functions for sometime.

you friends has some problems ,but you post is of little help in determining what could be causing it ,did you try a new mouse ,also what if anything do you do when the bios screen appears did try setting defaults and saving changes .

Sounds like the ps2 connection may be failing. If it's a physical hardware problem with the connection then everthing may look rosey to the os. Tell him to get a usb mouse and see if that works.

I've had that prob a few times, try to remave the device then reinstall through hardware nmanager, if that dont work then perhaps a reinstall. If a reinstall doesn't fix it then it's all down hill from there. Some mobo's go bang! and others seem to die a painfull slow death!

Else it may be a BIOS related problem (quite unlikely though), BIOS showing up can be due to the settings being reset due to a faulty CMOS battery, try replacing it if it may be of any use..

Sounds like the ps2 connection may be failing. If it's a physical hardware problem with the connection then everthing may look rosey to the os. Tell him to get a usb mouse and see if that works.

I've had that prob a few times, try to remave the device then reinstall through hardware nmanager, if that dont work then perhaps a reinstall. If a reinstall doesn't fix it then it's all down hill from there. Some mobo's go bang! and others seem to die a painfull slow death!

Just to add to this, if it is a PS/2 mouse do NOT remove it or connect it while the computer is powered on because PS/2 components are not hot swappable & can cause damage if connected or disconnected while the power is on.

thanks for ur rplies. I didn't try neone of that. i will give reply after trying those...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.