HEY GUYS i ordered a 9600 xt from ebay and it arrived. problem is , it might be a 9200...can you guys check this out and see. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT
the box says radeon series and it has 64/128/256 mb ddr2 now the back is wierd... it has 2 halfs: first have says
Graphics Engine: ATI Radeon 9600 xt RAMDAC 400 MHZ
Video Memory:128mb/256mb
INterface:64 bit/128bit
bla bal bla

the other side says:
Graphcis Engine ATI 9200
Video Memory:64/128
Core/Memory Clock:250 Mhz/200Mhz

bla bla bla bla

then at the bottom it has a list of a bunch of cards and it has a sticker on 9200....now his description said it would be 9600 xt so thats what it should be. what do you guys think?

PS: I cant remove my old Gcard! ITs stuck! Anypointers!?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

when i click that link it comes up with an error

You can check for any model/serial numbers on the card itself, or possibly take a nice photo and paste it here.

As for your old card, what do you mean "stuck"? Is it plugged into an AGP or PCI slot? You've unscrewed the backing plate? Maybe flicked the little plastic clip on the slot itself that could be obstructing movement?

Could this thread have been named more clearly, please?

Help Me, QUICK! is rude, and it tells us nothing about what your problem is. Please don't assume your thread is more important than someone elses in the future, and please try to be more specific.

But, Coconut Monkey's dead-on. Have you installed it yet? What does Device Manager, or the documentation for your card say?

I was just about to say that I can't help you quick, but I could try to help you sloooow ;) Sorry I don't really have much to contribute, now that I've read this thread. <sarcasm> It was awfully nice of the eBay seller to show you a nice, close-up picture of the card while not in a static bag ;) </sarcasm> Sigh, this is exactly why I hate eBay.

hi,
install then check from device manager or dxdiag........i think it cant lie!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.