Hi everybody.
If y'all will remember my Toshiba A100 "System Restore not working" post, thanks to all involved, my laptop is once again shiny! But there is still one remaining problemo. When I try to use my inbuilt CD/DVD drive, the disk, whether it be music, movies or anything else, just whirls around and does nothing. If I try to force start it from 'my computer/ cd/dvd drive/d' it comes up with an I/O error. Trouble is I know it works, because if you remember I had to do a full HDD recovery, and I could only use the 'D' drive, as the recovery utility would not recognise my external usb 'F' drive. Any help folks?
Puddlejumper.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Sounds like a driver issue since this occured right after a restore. look for updated drivers, and go by the serial number of the drive.

Sounds like a driver issue since this occured right after a restore. look for updated drivers, and go by the serial number of the drive.

Thanks Dogbreath?
I resolved the problem by doing a full HD recovery, using the supplied recovery disk with my latop. There were issues there as well, but at last everything is sorted out.

Only specific dvds experience to code 3 io problem. even clicking on the device entry gives me the same error.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.