The other night the screen suddenly went dim. (first time ever) I was able to jiggle the power cord and get it to go bright for one second. Stayed on but dim for 2 hiurs, then suddenly the entire computer died. No power. Nothing at all happens when I press the power button, no blinking amber light, as with other people, just dead as a doorknob. Nothing. Ac adapt. working fine. It's the computer that seems to be dead. 3 days now.

Please someone help? Many thanks.
Nicole

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It sounds like the power jack inside the laptop has broken. We've fixed a lot of power jacks, and your symptoms fit the bill. Strip the motherboard out of the laptop, and buy a new powerjack, and carefully replace the power jack.

The other night the screen suddenly went dim. (first time ever) I was able to jiggle the power cord and get it to go bright for one second. Stayed on but dim for 2 hiurs, then suddenly the entire computer died. No power. Nothing at all happens when I press the power button, no blinking amber light, as with other people, just dead as a doorknob. Nothing. Ac adapt. working fine. It's the computer that seems to be dead. 3 days now.

Please someone help? Many thanks.
Nicole

Do you still have this laptop problem. I can help you fix it if you like,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.