Member Avatar for gregckelly

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff, but the problem is my monitor flickers when the system is heated up. So long as the A/C is running and the computer is VERY well ventilated the problem doesn't occur or is significantly reduced.

The machine used to be in a SFF case, but has since been moved into a larger midsize tower. The occurence has been the same between the two of them. I've also replaced the PSU for a larger one and the graphics card.

The only things I can think of are the following:
Heat - it has 4 working fans (2 in, 2 out) and the problem is the same between an SFF and midsize case
Motherboard/Processor - only viable (that I can think of) components left to replace

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

hi there i think you need to reset the BIOS first to default settings then after which try to replace the PSU with a much higher wattage supply then after POST at stage 2 O.S. process press F8 to move yourself to the advance menu system then try to locate the SAFE MODE and after logging on move to control panel>display>change resolution settings click advance then followed it by clicking monitor then put screen refresh rate at 60 Hz.and put hardware acceleartion at the middle point. That's it have a nice day ahead guys...Otilrep Aznarabat...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.