I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1. I had an NVidea 7600 GT PCI-E card with 256 MB and my performance rating in Vista was 5.9. I recently upgraded to an NVidea GeForce 9500 GT PCI-E with 1GB and now my performance rating in Vista is 4.8. How can that be? Anyone have any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

May be a silly question -but did you upgrade the drivers ?

May be a silly question -but did you upgrade the drivers ?

Yes

That's because your motherboard is not fully compatible with your G-F 9500 (it uses 16 pci-ex , but 7600 is 8x firmware). It's easily on you to upgrade up to G-F 8600

Hi members................................................................................................
i am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1. I had an NVidea 7600 GT PCI-E card with 256 MB and my performance rating in Vista was 5.9. I recently upgraded to an NVidea GeForce 9500 GT PCI-E with 1GB and now my performance rating in Vista is 4.8. How can that be? Anyone have any ideas?
By regards
anglish964
more information to click here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.