Hey, im rallying all the hardware together for when I build my new computer, check out all this hardware and tell me what you think. Also tell me if there is a mismatch of hardware, or something im missing, here goes:

Case =ASPIRE X-Infinity Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with 350W Power Supply, Model"ATXB6KLW-BK/350" -RETAIL
case

Mobo =GIGABYTE "GA-K8N Ultra-SLI" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL
Mobo

Processor =AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 512K, L2 Cache, Socket 939 Windows Compatible 64-bit Processor - Retail Processor

Fan and Heatsink =ZALMAN CNPS7000B-AlCu Aluminum + Copper CPU Cooler for Socket 478/462/754/939/940 CPUs -RETAILFan and Heatsink

Hard Drive =Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model HDS722516VLSA80 OEM Drive Only Hard Drive

Memory =Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 512MBx2 DDR PC-3200 - OEM Memory

Thats about the size of it..I know I dont have a monitor or the keyboard or mouse, but I have all those already. Also I will buy a video card later. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for szukalski

That all looks good. Won't be much use without a graphics card though but you already confronted that issue.
Nice heatsink btw.

Looks good, but get a gfx card and higher watt PSU imo :p

the only thing i would do differently is the ram, that is if you are going to try to do any kindof overclocking, however, if your not than it's a great setup in my mind

Thanks, the only reason Im not buying a video card right now is because the best video card, cant think of it at the moment, costs about $400!! Could you suggest any that would be the best bang for my buck...I dont really want to play doom 3 or half life 2...More along the lines of RTS games, oh yea and I definitely want to play star wars Rogue Commander. Well thats just to give you some idea of the games I want to play. Yea, that is the only reason I wasnt going to get a bigger power supply, because I kind of dismissed the idea of a video card at the moment. ooooo yea I think the fan and heatsink look totally sweet!

6600GT hands down....under 200 bucks and if you want you can add a second one later in sli :lol:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.