I just got done building a computer for the first time and every thing went smooth untill i plugged in every thing connected the moniter and then turned it on. the one quite significant mishap that i managed to have is, nothing will respond onn my moniter.The screeen will light up and in the upper-lefthand corner it flashes bettween anolog and digital. Also when i press the source button it takes a few seconds and says check cables. I know that the moniter works seeing as i am using a friends temporary samsung and it works fine for him. I can hear the hard drive start up when i turn it on and all the fans and lights work but moniter is nothing. i have tried multiple cords and still nothing. Now i am thinking it has something to do with the graphics card i put in, but again this is my first time doing it.
So if someone knows any fixes or what i might be doing wrong i would glreatly appreciate your help. these are the componets of my computer as now tell me if one is known for having faults related to this...
ASUS P6T motherboard
intel i7920 CPU
PNY GeForce x58 perfomance issue graphics card
sata 1TB harddrive
OCZ Gold 6GB memory
OCZ stealth 700 watt power supply
pleaasse pleasse help

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Exactly which graphics card is it? I can only find conflicting info when I google.
Do you have the bios set to run from the PCI-ex slot?
Do you have the monitor set correctly for digital or analogue?

I just got done building a computer for the first time and every thing went smooth untill i plugged in every thing connected the moniter and then turned it on. the one quite significant mishap that i managed to have is, nothing will respond onn my moniter.The screeen will light up and in the upper-lefthand corner it flashes bettween anolog and digital. Also when i press the source button it takes a few seconds and says check cables. I know that the moniter works seeing as i am using a friends temporary samsung and it works fine for him. I can hear the hard drive start up when i turn it on and all the fans and lights work but moniter is nothing. i have tried multiple cords and still nothing. Now i am thinking it has something to do with the graphics card i put in, but again this is my first time doing it.
So if someone knows any fixes or what i might be doing wrong i would glreatly appreciate your help. these are the componets of my computer as now tell me if one is known for having faults related to this...
ASUS P6T motherboard
intel i7920 CPU
sata 1TB harddrive
OCZ Gold 6GB memory
OCZ stealth 700 watt power supply
pleaasse pleasse help

Sorry my graphics card is actually a PNY GeForce GTX275 XLR8 performence edition

Exactly which graphics card is it? I can only find conflicting info when I google.
Do you have the bios set to run from the PCI-ex slot?
Do you have the monitor set correctly for digital or analogue?

How would i make sure that the bios is set to run from the PI-ex slot. I am not getting the BIOS screen.

Depends on the pc. Mine I have to tap the delete key whilst booting. Some use the F5 key.

Depends on the pc. Mine I have to tap the delete key whilst booting. Some use the F5 key.

Yeah i tried doing the delete key because thats what the motherboard manual said to do. But nothing happens the moniter doesnt even flash or any thing it just goes to sleep mode.

I would inspect all connections and make sure everything is where it should be. Try the graphics card in different slots too.

I would inspect all connections and make sure everything is where it should be. Try the graphics card in different slots too.

Yeah ive tried all that aswell im starting to suspect its hardware faliure :(, either with the graphics card or motherboard because it is just not picking up the signal. i will use a different, working, graphics card to see which component is busted. thank you sincerely though, for all your help. If you think there is any other thing i am forgetting to try tell me.

Maybe the two 6 pin connectors from the psu????

hi, have you tried resetting the motherboard, if you check the motherboard there should be a 3 pin conector of sorts, look hard becouse 2 pins will be covered with a jumber ( a little black/rd or green sleeve about 2mm long), remove said jumper to cover the other pin exposed, this should reset the motherboard, if not remove the jumber completly, there should be a little box near te jumber connection saying cmos, if you can use your freinds computer, go online to the web page for your motherboard for more help with your problem,

ok thank you i will try this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.