I have a Fuji Plus 20' LCD monitor.
When I turn it on, the backlight comes on (at half brightness) for a mere second, a very faint buzz sound then it goes blank BUT the green light on the power switch remains on.

Now, if I continue to turn it on and off it will eventually light-up, go from half brightness to full brightness and stay on (all this in about a 1 second period).

I'm hoping to repair rather than replace at this point.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Flat panels are expensive on spare parts. It will cost just as much to repair it as it will to replace it I suspect.

Have to agree, repairing may set you back more than a new monitor (prices have come way down anyhow).

I have heard of some serious issues regarding the internal power supply. If is still in warranty, you may have luck in getting it fixed - but with what I've heard about the after-sales support, good luck on that one!

Do yourself a favour and use the net to source out a quality monitor and to compare available prices, both in regards to online merchants and local retailers.

I forgot to add that after the monitor has warmed up completely I can turn it on and off at will and it's fine.

After buying a new monitor I tore the old LCD apart found and replaced a bad cap. A .05 cent cap.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.