Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I am going to be building a computer for a friend of mine who is a quad. It will have the speech program naturally speaking which is very memory intensive and also several others. It will have a special kind of mic and some other things. Would it make a difference the type of cpu for these things? Would one work better than the other?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I am going to be building a computer for a friend of mine who is a quad. It will have the speech program naturally speaking which is very memory intensive and also several others. It will have a special kind of mic and some other things. Would it make a difference the type of cpu for these things? Would one work better than the other?

I would say intel p4 ht because i think it can handle multitasking better

And unless the software you use was written with 64-bit architecture in mind, an Athlon64 probably won't offer you a real advantage.

Curious, do you know if the naturally speaking software would take advantage of dual processors?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.