Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I have decided amd 939 board and a seagate w/ncq hard drive. How can I find a board that supports this?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I thought that NCQ was an Intel-only thing for now...

Member Avatar for szukalski

nForce4 chipsets have SATA II which support ncq so any 939 motherboard with nForce4 should be good.

Ncq is not for intel only. All you have to do is look at some of the n4 boards and it tells you. The problem with a certain n4 board from gigabyte was it was a n4x which is a cheaper version of n4. It does support ncq but it says it doesn't support sata ll.

After doing a lot of checking many are really skeptical about the k8nf-f 4x from gigabyte so instead of risking it I have thrown it out of the mix. I have done a lot of checking and this is what I have come up with.
Ok, now my choice is even harder. I just called foxconn and talked to someone. I got through within 20seconds. That is a good sign. I decided because of that it may be a good place. I could understand them also. Epox doesn't have a place to contact anyone over the phone which is what I like to do but they offer a nice bundle. So now here are my choices.
EP-9NPA+ULTRA by epox, gigabyte K8N Ultra 9 or MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum and Foxconn WinFast NF4UK8AA. What would you do??????????????????They are all good,(i think). I found out today that foxconn is the 2nd largest mobod manufacturer in the WORLD. Learn something everday.

Ncq is not for intel only. All you have to do is look at some of the n4 boards and it tells you. The problem with a certain n4 board from gigabyte was it was a n4x which is a cheaper version of n4. It does support ncq but it says it doesn't support sata ll.

Shows how long it's been since I looked at NCQ. Last time I checked, I only saw it on Intel boards. That's what I get for thinking 3-4 month old information was still relevant, eh? :confused:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.