Currently, I have a notebook which is using a Core Duo T2250 (1.73Ghz, 533 Mhz FSB) on the chipset 945GM and an integrated Intel VGA 950. I want to upgrade the current CPU to a higher CPU and I want it to be a Core 2 Duo. What CPUs can I choose for the upgrade? Thanks all

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

upgrading cpu in your laptop is quite a hard stuff, normally manufacturer they never give the manual for your mobo.. unlike buying a mobo for a desktop in which they will give you a manual or a guide and from their you can tell the limitation of your mobo...

upgrading cpu in your laptop is quite a hard stuff, normally manufacturer they never give the manual for your mobo.. unlike buying a mobo for a desktop in which they will give you a manual or a guide and from their you can tell the limitation of your mobo...

Maybe you think that the CPU is soldered to the board, it cannot be repalaced but on youtube.com, there are many clips which perform the CPU replacement. I enter this forum to look for a real experience on CPU replacement. Thanks for the answer.

the cpus aren't soldered onto the motherboards, i've replaced SEVERAL laptop cpus before, it's actually pretty easy.. once you get to them alls you need is a flathead screwdriver to unlock the CPU.

there are alot of things you need to find out.. what kind of notebook is it? What cpu socket is in there? Have you tried contacting the laptops manufacturer's tech support to maybe pull some information from them *make sure you talk to a TECH*

let me know how you make out..

Maybe you think that the CPU is soldered to the board,

maybe you could post your laptops make and model number

the cpus aren't soldered onto the motherboards, i've replaced SEVERAL laptop cpus before, it's actually pretty easy.. once you get to them alls you need is a flathead screwdriver to unlock the CPU.

there are alot of things you need to find out.. what kind of notebook is it? What cpu socket is in there? Have you tried contacting the laptops manufacturer's tech support to maybe pull some information from them *make sure you talk to a TECH*

let me know how you make out..

Yeah, my laptop is 5572ANWXMi of the Series 5570, using the Core Duo 1.73 Ghz, 533 Mhz FSB on the chipset i945GM (shown by CPU-z). I think, it used socket M, right? (CPU-z shows socket 479mPGA). In your opinion, what core 2 duo can I use to upgrade?

you just ask to a hardware shop
cos mat be the core u due processor donot support ur current mother board especially LapTop

all the best

Maybe you think that the CPU is soldered to the board, it cannot be repalaced but on youtube.com, there are many clips which perform the CPU replacement. I enter this forum to look for a real experience on CPU replacement. Thanks for the answer.

yup, some cpu are soldered on the board..but there are cpu's that can be replaced..my point is you cannot just anyhow upgrade the processor of your laptop.. motherboard are designed for specific limitation's.. it will be costly if you upgrade it but your motherboard cannot support..

try what Caperjack has suggested e-mail your manufacturer and ask them the maximum processor speed that your motherboard can support... :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.