Topic pretty much describes the problem the best I can. The side edges of the windows in vista appear to almost be vibrating or shaking when I have it in a 1440x900 resolution, but the problem does not exist on 800x600.

Anybody have any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi,perhaps if you supplied a little more info ,We know you are using vista ,what version ,some info on you computer will help like video ,ram, cpu ,monitor ,any info at all will help

In my experience this is down to the refresh frequency. In the advanced control panel settings for display, try adjusting the frequency upwards to the highest setting your monitor is designed to take. You need to do a bit of research to find this out - look in the manual or online. If you set it too high it may go "out of range" for the monitor and yu will need to boot widows in safe mode to readjust it.

Foz

I'm actually using my 19" Dynex LCD tv. I've looked up info on the tv and the max resolution is 1440x900 (which is what I have it set to) and has a refresh rate of 60 (hz?).

My computer has a i7 920 processor, 6 gigs RAM, and a GeForce GTX 285

oh and- I'm connected using a DVI to VGA cable

Topic pretty much describes the problem the best I can. The side edges of the windows in vista appear to almost be vibrating or shaking when I have it in a 1440x900 resolution, but the problem does not exist on 800x600.

Anybody have any ideas as to what could be the problem?

screen resolution depends on the size of the screen and also you have windows vista it requires a graphics card of igb for good performance also plz check for power whether there is powe shortage in the socket

also you have windows vista it requires a graphics card of 1gb for good performance

Don't know what planet you're living on, but when Vista first came out (and back to beta2), was running on two systems (one was GeForce 7600 GT - notebook, the PC a GeForce 6600), both 256MB cards, and Vista Ultimate ran just fine on both. By the way, you do realise the card he's using is about as high-end as it gets, which makes your comments even more irrelevant!!

Given the flickering only exists on higher res, I'm thinking either a poor quality connection btwn PC and monitor (try replacing cord and checking connection points are clean) or a need to upgrade the driver. A refresh-rate issue should have occurred at either res setting, same with power spikes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.