My hp compaq 6720s trackpad stops working almost, after lots of tapping it just moves a little and then again stops. And this happened when I browse the internet with 2 chrome windows and each window have at most 7 tabs open. And when I put mouse with my laptop it shows nothing trouble, works very well. But trackpad looks like that now it stops working. I have 3GB RAM, core 2 duo centrino 2.10 GHz processor with 3MB L2 cache.

Have you tried updating the touchpad driver (look to the manufacturer, not HP)?

Have you tried updating the touchpad driver (look to the manufacturer, not HP)?

No I don't do that. Actually I don't know how to do that and my touchpad is of synaptics. Hopefully your laptop also have from the same company. Kindly let me know how I can do that, because I visit www.synaptics.com but it is more of kind just informational website.

No I don't do that. Actually I don't know how to do that and my touchpad is of synaptics. Hopefully your laptop also have from the same company. Kindly let me know how I can do that, because I visit www.synaptics.com but it is more of kind just informational website.

Should have asked at the start.... what version of Windows are you using??

Should have asked at the start.... what version of Windows are you using??

windows xp sp3

Try the HP build first, as may be specifically tuned to their hardware.

If still no love, DL and install the manufacturer's driver (much newer build)

Try the HP build first, as may be specifically tuned to their hardware.

If still no love, DL and install the manufacturer's driver (much newer build)

Thanks so much, I'm very grateful to you for helping me. Could you tell about yourself...? like profession and area of interest, where is your sweet home...?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.