This problem has happened to me since last week...
I was playing total war and monitor suddenly turn off but i still could hear music,and after restart and i played the same game again and it happened again,so i uninstalled the game and played the sims 2 and the same thing happened,and now even cs 1.6 and getting worse every second. :evil:
Is it the video card or the monitor,i have been using my monitor for 6 years and working just fine. or is it my video card problem?i have only brought my comp for 3 month and have not clock my video card,my video card is 9200SE 128MB 500MHz.
Can someone PLZ PLZ help!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It could be either actually. The fact you say it only happens while playing games leads me to believe is the card. If you have another monitor, use that for a day to see. You could try updating your video drivers. Could also be a loose connection somewhere, possibly a break in the monitor cable.

It could be either actually. The fact you say it only happens while playing games leads me to believe is the card. If you have another monitor, use that for a day to see. You could try updating your video drivers. Could also be a loose connection somewhere, possibly a break in the monitor cable.

Hi,thx so much for replying.
i have tried using another monitor and it's ok.
but another major crash happened.
The same thing happened last night but after i restart the monitor didn't turn on,and it beep so many times,now it has recovered but i am certain it will happen again,my friend told me that if it is the monitor it usually wont beep,is it really the video card,if yes,what should i do?i have updated my video card long before, and i checked the cable,it is right and tight.
Please advice!

A beeping pc is a hardware problem IN THE BOX...
You can look up beep codes online and see what the beeps are telling you.
Single repetative beeps are usually a bad ram chip...
If you have multiple ram chips, pull all but one...
Dont just assume the video card is bad...

A beeping pc is a hardware problem IN THE BOX...
You can look up beep codes online and see what the beeps are telling you.

Can you please tell me where can you find the codes?

Kinda hard to tell you where to look for motherboard beep codes when you dont say what kind of a motherboard you have...

I would try google... M/B Mfg beep codes... or error codes...

Here is a site that has a listing for some different bios beep codes

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm#08

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.