Hi all,

I was using my Toshiba laptop, and all of a sudden, the screen went black, the power light went out, and it died. I have tried turning it back on, and the blue power light comes on for a second or two, and then goes back out and the laptop won't turn on. I have unplugged it from AC power supply; no changes. When I plug it back in, the blue light that comes on when the battery is charging did not come on. I took the battery out and put it back in; no avail. The laptop was not hot to the touch, and it had been turned off for several hours prior.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Look for troubleshooting power-on on the manufacturer's website. My iBook would do nothing when I tried to power on until I pressed the 4-keys-at-once sequence that told it to reset the power-management unit. Then it was fine.

Could be something else, too, of course, but the troubleshooting guide will walk you through the scenarios. Persist, also, sometimes the more advanced things are on different webpages.

Hi all,

I was using my Toshiba laptop, and all of a sudden, the screen went black, the power light went out, and it died. I have tried turning it back on, and the blue power light comes on for a second or two, and then goes back out and the laptop won't turn on. I have unplugged it from AC power supply; no changes. When I plug it back in, the blue light that comes on when the battery is charging did not come on. I took the battery out and put it back in; no avail. The laptop was not hot to the touch, and it had been turned off for several hours prior.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.