When camming on my Logitech 4000 I cant hear or be heard through the built in mic. Is it supposed to be possible when camming because it works fine when making a video message?

I'm using yahoo messenger on mac OS9.2 if that helps.

Very grateful for any replies.

Hi DaniWeb!

I was looking for a solution to a similar problem and see that I have found much more! What an incredible community!

Sorry to ressurect and old post but I wasn't sure where to post and this was the closest thread I could see to my problem. I just bought a sony vaio (windows xp) and hooked up my Logitech Quickcam Fusion web cam. When the cam is plugged in there is no sound on my laptop at all. I-tunes won't play and I can't hear other people caming me. I can see them and they can see me. They can hear me but I can't hear them. I can hear others fine and hear I-Tunes as long as the camera is not plugged in. Any help or pointing in the right direction would be great!

Hi DaniWeb!

I was looking for a solution to a similar problem and see that I have found much more! What an incredible community!

Sorry to ressurect and old post but I wasn't sure where to post and this was the closest thread I could see to my problem. I just bought a sony vaio (windows xp) and hooked up my Logitech Quickcam Fusion web cam. When the cam is plugged in there is no sound on my laptop at all. I-tunes won't play and I can't hear other people caming me. I can see them and they can see me. They can hear me but I can't hear them. I can hear others fine and hear I-Tunes as long as the camera is not plugged in. Any help or pointing in the right direction would be great!

I have a vaio and same cam. The solution I have found is to disable the codec of the logitech in your hardware component. The vaio does have a mic integrated in it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.