Hello,

I having a problem with my Flash drive. It is an LG 2.0 256MB flash drive. I noticed that it is no longer possible to write or read to it. I receive the message " the disk is not formatted". If I try to format it using windows XP ,98 ..., I does'nt format."cannot format the disk". Please can someone help me out. This is happening to me a second time, as i have already lost one of a different make the same way.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Im not sure how to repair this, but my friend had to return his twice to the store because of this error. The company told them to exchange it.

what happened was that it must have been priorly formatted in the wrong format (ala FAT File sys being formatted to FAT32) or vice versa, send it to the manu of the stick and they MUST replace it free of charge. They always do, even if you dont have a receipt or "pop"

what happened was that it must have been priorly formatted in the wrong format (ala FAT File sys being formatted to FAT32) or vice versa, send it to the manu of the stick and they MUST replace it free of charge. They always do, even if you dont have a receipt or "pop"

That's kind of what I told him to do, indirectly... ;)

Similar situation here chaps. :|

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.