I found a sweet video card but i didnt find any reviews on the card....maybe im looking in the wrong place or something. Can anyone tell me if my card is good, bad or should i consider another one just in case. Any help/advice is more than welcomed :-)

Video Card A:
Sapphire ATI X600Pro 256M DDR TV-OUT DVI PCI-Express
OR
Video Card B:
Power Color ATI Radeon X600 PRO PCI-Express 256MB,DVI,TV-Out

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

The X600 PRO has better performance than the 9600 AGP but worse than 9800 PRO AGP. If youre looking to have a gaming card I would look somewhere else.

If you're an ATI fan like I am, I wouldnt choose a card less performing than the X700 PRO which is better than the 9800 PRO in every aspects except that it is 128 bit instead of 256 bit. It isnt much more expensive than the X600 PRO.

Best card to get in that broad price range, by far, is the 6600GT. It's a little more expensive than the X600 but a LOT more powerful!

If absolute performance is the objective and price is no matter then the X850 cards from ATi are the card of choice. But the performance/value crowns for mid-range and high performance display cards are very, very firmly held by the nVidia based 6600GT and 6800GT.

Fanboism is silly!

And yes, the X600 is a dud which is really only comparable to a 9600XT

Best card to get in that broad price range, by far, is the 6600GT. It's a little more expensive than the X600 but a LOT more powerful!

If absolute performance is the objective and price is no matter then the X850 cards from ATi are the card of choice. But the performance/value crowns for mid-range and high performance display cards are very, very firmly held by the nVidia based 6600GT and 6800GT.

Fanboism is silly!

And yes, the X600 is a dud which is really only comparable to a 9600XT

Yes the 6600GT is better but it cant be compared with the X700 PRO!!! They have a price tag of 100$CAN difference.

Fanboism is silly!

lol

I've just always had ATI's and I like them. My X850XT at (600$CAN) Kicks a single 6800 ultra (750$CAN) in my opinion.

Yes the 6600GT is better but it cant be compared with the X700 PRO!!! They have a price tag of 100$CAN difference.

Either you are looking in the wrong places or pricing policies in Canada are rather strange. A price search for both of those here in Australia shows both to be available for as little as $AU245. No price difference at all here :)

WOW that expensive!!! Here in Ottawa, Canada the X700 PRO is about 180$ and the 6600GT around 280$. The australian dollar is worth 96 canadian cents.

Your 6600GTs are overpriced and your X700s are getting thrown out at bargain basement prices because no-one wants them! :p

:lol::lol:

In most places the X700 PRO is about 260$ but I usually check every store in town before buying so thats how I get low prices. And I dont really check for geforce prices...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.