hi, this is my first post here i hope someone can help me,

i was burning some data and audio CD's for a friend at work then when i got back home it was dead, the driver doesn't want to read any kind of CD, data,audio or DVD... nothing!

i tried uninstalling the driver then reinstalling it but nothing happened, and the troubleshooter also didn't help !

i'm using a toshiba satellite laptop..

i don't have time to go to a technician so can someone just tell me what to do? i'm in a mess here !!!

thanks!

This may be a silly question but have you tried re-booting the laptop?? If you have what happened, did it work after?
Does the CD still eject or had the CD itself got stuck in the drive?

Just a couple of thoughts

yeah i rebooted like a hundred times :(

the drive is not stuck, it ejects perfectly!! but nothing, when i try to open the drive D:, it's empty, i even tried to burn a CD, it couldn't detect that there's one in the drive!!!!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

With Tosh laptops thier is usually a release so that you can unplug your drive from the laptop itself, probably a catch you will hold over to one side while pulling the drive out..
If can find out how to do this try, removing the drive from the laptop, power the laptop up with out the drive. Switch the laptop back off and then power up with the drive back in..
Give that a try...
Please let us know how you get on

tried that,too.. couldn't unplug no matter what... guess i'm stuck here,

but didzy, thanks a million for trying to help me i really appreciate that !

No Probs noussah..
Sounds like you will need your laptop looking at..

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.