Hi,

I purchased two Acer 1410's. One is working fine but the other has developed a startup/boot issue and I know fear it is dead..

Worked fine for 4 days and then all of a sudden we go to turn it on and get a blank screen.

iv taken out the ram, hdd, held down the power button, tried all crazy combos.

If i take the computer apart a take out the CMOS battery I can get it to turn on and start to boot, but it freezes on the windows logo and on the restart Im back to the blank screen. The computer power is on but there is no activity...

any ideas?! Im so pissed off that this is a brand new computer and its screwed up already.. I tried contacting acer but they are hopeless.

they told me three times to use a recovery disc after I repeatedly told them the 1410 does not have a DVD/CD drive.

ARghhhh!

Hi,

I purchased two Acer 1410's. One is working fine but the other has developed a startup/boot issue and I know fear it is dead..

Worked fine for 4 days and then all of a sudden we go to turn it on and get a blank screen.

iv taken out the ram, hdd, held down the power button, tried all crazy combos.

If i take the computer apart a take out the CMOS battery I can get it to turn on and start to boot, but it freezes on the windows logo and on the restart Im back to the blank screen. The computer power is on but there is no activity...

any ideas?! Im so pissed off that this is a brand new computer and its screwed up already.. I tried contacting acer but they are hopeless.

they told me three times to use a recovery disc after I repeatedly told them the 1410 does not have a DVD/CD drive.

ARghhhh!

Which OS are you running? Win 7?
Have you tried booting into SAFE Mode?
Have you checked the CMOS settings?

hi,

it is windows 7 home premium..

I cannot even get the acer screen at the startup. The screen is completely blank so there is no way of getting safe mode, or to the bios..

If i take out the cmos battery and im lucky, it will turn on and start to boot, but it just gets stuck at the windows logo..

otherwise i can go to the bios after the cmos battery reset but on restart there is no screen, no bios, nothing..

any ideas?

I wanted to add that I left it powered off and without the battery for 24 hours, plugged it in and it booted up to the bios. I changed the boot sequence for USB. When I restarted it was just a blank screen so I turned it off and unplugged everything. 12 hours later I plugged in my USB with the Acer diagnostic and booted. The first time it was just with the battery and it froze. So again I waited another 12 hours until this morning, plugged in the AC adapter with now battery and it ran the diagnostic problem.

Everything seemed to pass except it reported this - CMOS Information Test FAILED

Does this help in any way to resolving this problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.