hi, i am looking 4 a converter or adapter or card 2 let me use my SATA harddrive on a motherboard with no SATA ports, only one spare IDE port. Any advice? all i can find is converters 4 IDE drives to work on SATA ports, but not the other way around. Is there any products like that on the market and where would i find it? Thankx. Darius

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

yes they do make them

but beware - dont get rid of the ide drive as windows doesnt like being installed to a drive which is on a card.

yes they do make them

but beware - dont get rid of the ide drive as windows doesnt like being installed to a drive which is on a card.

:eek: ??????? Where do you get that?

what, the card?

No, this..."but beware - dont get rid of the ide drive as windows doesnt like being installed to a drive which is on a card."

How do you figure?

if your SATA or RAID card was made after 2001 (xp release date, sata was brand new then)then you have to push F6 during the blue screen part of the windows install and insert a driver floppy. I know this as it has happened to me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.