I have an HP-P910 crt monitor. the display seems to have a fault. The image is compressed and distorted / "folded" vertically so it occupies about 1/3 ofthe screen top to bottom. It is also squished to about 60% of screen width. The top of this image area is bounded by an extremely bright whit line a few pixels thick.

The problem started out of the blue on another of our computers which was running it as a dual monitor with another of the same make. We recently moved and when we set up our computers again I thought I'd test this one with the fault on my PC. So i hooked it up and it worked fine. It is running as a dual scren again with matchin P910 monitor. Then all of a sudden the other day when I booted up the same fault seems to have returned. I tried switching to the differnt ouputs on the grphic card and different cables but that doesn't seem to improve things. I am ondering f it i toast or if it might be fixable. If it is It'd also be helpful for any tips on removing the case from one of these beasts! I tried to seeif i ould spot a bad contact or something but couldn't figure how to remove it.

Any thoughts would be great.

Hi icemonkey,
Bad news.. I can't be totally sure .. but from what you describe.. it's probably "toast". Have a qualified tech check it out first. Most monitor repairs are done at TV repair shops these days.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE CASE & DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR IT YOURSELF. DANGER ..HIGH VOLTAGE INSIDE !!!
You can get seriously hurt working on the inside.
Good luck :)
RGPHNX

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.