Hey guys.

I bought this computer two years ago. It was mediocre, but i never had problems. About a year later, I upgraded to be able play high end games. It runs near-perfect on almost all games, but it developed a flaw, and it is becoming more and more frequent as I continue to game on it. It freezes. Whenever I'm playing a game, it will freeze. I can't Ctrl+Alt+Dlt, and I am forced to restart. Sometimes it gives me an error message, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I'll get a blue screen with no text on it, and sometimes it will restart itself.

So, as this problem continued, I sent it in to the people I purchased it from. About 3-4 days later, they sent it back. The problem is still occuring.

I check driver updates for my video card weekly.

My current specs are:

P4 3.2 GHZ (Hyper Threading)
ATI Radeon x800 PRO
1.5 gigs of DDR RAM
P4P800 ASUS
2 HD's; one 80 gigs, the other 300.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, guys.

Hey guys.

I bought this computer two years ago. It was mediocre, but i never had problems. About a year later, I upgraded to be able play high end games. It runs near-perfect on almost all games, but it developed a flaw, and it is becoming more and more frequent as I continue to game on it. It freezes. Whenever I'm playing a game, it will freeze. I can't Ctrl+Alt+Dlt, and I am forced to restart. Sometimes it gives me an error message, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I'll get a blue screen with no text on it, and sometimes it will restart itself.

So, as this problem continued, I sent it in to the people I purchased it from. About 3-4 days later, they sent it back. The problem is still occuring.

I check driver updates for my video card weekly.

My current specs are:

P4 3.2 GHZ (Hyper Threading)
ATI Radeon x800 PRO
1.5 gigs of DDR RAM
P4P800 ASUS
2 HD's; one 80 gigs, the other 300.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, guys.

A small update--

Here's what the windows crash dialogue had to say.

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F6FF19D5 BCP3 : F78E6B9C
BCP4 : F78E6898 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\PETERS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6467.dir00\Mini071805-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\PETERS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6467.dir00\sysdata.xmlError Caused By A Device Driver

Thank you for submitting an error report. Microsoft is unable to specifically determine what caused the problem you reported. To troubleshoot the problem, please see the information below.

Analysis

A device driver installed on your system caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause. Depending on which situation is applicable to you, please do one of the following:

* If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device on your system, the problem might be caused by the driver for the device. If you know the manufacturer of the device, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
* Some software, such as firewall and anti-virus software, also installs drivers. If this problem occurred after you installed new software, the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem. If you know the manufacturer of the software, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
* If you don't know the driver's manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.
* Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update website. At Windows Update, you can have your computer scanned and, if there are updated drivers available, Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use. To learn more about updated drivers that might be available, visit Microsoft Windows Update.
* For information about Microsoft support options, visit Microsoft Product Support Services.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.