Hi all,

I am having problem with screen on HP ze4560us. Recently i had problem with HDD , so i replace HDD with another which my friend gave me, he also had HP. On beginning I had problem with formatting HDD , during the unsuccessful formatting notebook just froze so i had to powered by holding power on/off button for several seconds. Following morning when I powered on screen did not respond. I tried with external monitor that way working fine. So using the external monitor i install windows xp. Now when I am switching in-between screens notebook screen is just blue , but its not "blue screen of death with error massage" .Blue color is the same like the one on the startup of the windows xp where you have options to log in as a administrator or another user.
Another strange thing is that is my external display recognized as a primary and notebook screen as a secondary. I n the settings option when I move over the icon of the second screen(notebook screen) i am showing resolution 640, 0 .

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you checked Refresh Rate?

have you checked Bios Settings?

Have you checked physical connection?

I am not sure what to put for refresh rate and BIOS seems to be fine is there any particular settings in bios that can affect screen

It would be pretty obvious in BIOS like a settign that says

CRT or LCD

Or Disable VGA output etc...

Try and use like 60Mhz for refresh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.