I have two cards ATI Radeon 9200se and Geforce Fx5200.Both are of 128 mb. Which one is better.I want to replace one of them.

One more thing i also want to buy a good 3d card (better than ATI 9200 and Fx 5200) but i have a limited money so plz tell me which one is better for me. I have a motherboard with agp 4x.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Both these cards suck. Both are out of date by a huge margin if your plan is to play games. They are about as good as each other but there are two differences. The 9200se is DirectX 8 compatible, the FX5200 is DX9. The other thing is that I've heard too many complaints about the FX5200 to be junk, not worth what you had to pay for it. So doesnt really matter which you keep, they both suck!

For a new card, you should tell us what your system specs are and what is your budget.

I have Intel Celeron D 2.4 GHz.
512 Mb Kingston DDR 400 bus.
MSI Motherboard (p4mamV) with AGP 4x.

I live in country Pakistan city Faisalabad. In my country the curency is PKR (Pakistani rupee).
60 PKR is eqaul to 1$ (US dollar). I can spend 5500 Rs(PKR) so it is equal to 92$. I have a budget of 92$ app. In which I have to buy a 3d card better than Geforce Fx5200. I want to buy a 3dCard which can play the latest games in normal or high settings. Plz recommand me some good 3dCards in price range of 5500 Rs or 92$.
Plz tell me the website on which i can buy 3d card in my curency and the website ships the card in my country.

One more thing, is there any performance difference of a 3dcard running on AGP 4x or 8x?

$92 isn't that much Numan. Currently, the minimum requirement for decent gaming is a 6600GT or X700 Pro chipset video card, and even then you will probably need to adjust graphics detail in new games to maintain a healthy framerate. These cost around US$150.

If you can't afford the chipsets recommended, then I'm afraid up-to-date gaming with your desired detail levels may not be achievable.

Is Radeon 9600 better or not?
Plz tell me the difference of 256mb and 128 mb card. In 128 bit or 64bit or 256 bit.
What is difference.

Is my processor and motherboard are well for normal settings gaming or not.
My Geforce FX 5200 probably run all the games but high games are slow on high settings. I have to low down the grafics for runing them well. Then what is the difference between a good card?

AND THANKS FOR UR RESPONCE!

Is Radeon 9600 better or not?

I wouldnt bother buying this as it wouldnt mane much difference from your current cards. Like Coconut said, you shouldnt look at cheaper cards than geforce 6600GT or radeon x700 pro. The latest games wont run well at medium graphics with cheaper cards.

Plz tell me the difference of 256mb and 128 mb card.

More memory your card has, the more your card will be able to handle high quality details and more polygons, textures, etc. 256mb is pretty much a default on the latest cards Having 256mb on some older cards is worthless as they arent powerfull enough to handle the graphics.

In 128 bit or 64bit or 256 bit. What is difference.

This is the memory bus of the card. The bigger it is, the faster the card can process graphics. Its like have a 2 lane road intead of 1 lane.

Is my processor and motherboard are well for normal settings gaming or not.
My Geforce FX 5200 probably run all the games but high games are slow on high settings. I have to low down the grafics for runing them well. Then what is the difference between a good card?

AND THANKS FOR UR RESPONCE!

Your computer should be okay. The video card would make all the diffrence. If you would buy a 6600gt or x700 pro, you would surely play all games medium or high.

VERY VERY THANKS
On other website a user said to me that there is no use of upgrading ur 3dcard. He said my system is not good for gaming. If I only upgarded my 3dCard then there is not any difference. I have to upgrade my whole system. I was very worrying about that bcoz i have not so much budget for upgrading my whole system symonteniously.He said 6600gt, 9600Xt etc are only enterylevel cards.
Is it true or not? Is my system well for gaming. If yes then i ll going to upgrade my card without any worry.

Once more i want to ask something if i cannot afford 6600gt then after that which card u prefer. Is Radeon 9600Xt is not well? bcoz it is in my range.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS!

Your system is not that bad. Apart from the video card, only your celeron processor is not the best for gaming. In gaming, from Intel, Pentiums are better but you dont have the worst celeron so it should be fine. Maybe sometime, you could add an additional 512MB of RAM.

I still recommend a 6600gt. It will make a big difference in games. You wont be able to play most recent games at max graphics but you will be able to play them. For someone with a budget, I cant tell you to buy everything so I suggest the part that would improve your gaming experience the most.

THANKS FOR HELPING ME.
Is 6600gt works great on my 4x AGP slot?
One more thing whats about Radeon 9800Xt and Geforce Fx 5900 Ultra or Fx 5900?
Bcoz Fx 5900 has almost same features that of 6600GT?

The technology of these cards is older, they dont perform as well as the 6600GT. If you want to buy a lower priced card, I wont stop you but you wont get the same result.

The 6600GT AGP will be fine.

Plz tell me I have 300Watt power supply.I decided to buy gforce 6600gt. But every gforce 6600gt recommends that there should be 350Watt power supply. Then what should i do, upgrade my power supply to 350Watt or gforce works on 300Watt power supply. If i run it on 300W then what is the difference?

I dont think its a good idea to have a 6600gt with only 300 watts.

It depends. If it's a quality brand PSU, then chances are it'll be fine (no guarantees though!).

Decent brands include Antec, Aopen, OCZ, Topower and Enermax.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.