hi

Can i change my preferred CD playing device to my rewriter? When i switch the drives in CD Player is says it's playing the CD but I've got no sound. I've also tried swithching my default setting in multi media.

Also in the advanced setting of my volume controls it's not giving me the option of changing the bass and treble settings.

I'm running windows 98 and my sound card is audio for creative sound blaster 16 plug and play.

Any ideas...?

P.S.

could you keep it simple cos i'm a div.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

if this is a second drive.. is the 4 pin audio cable run from the CDRW drive to the
sound card/mainboard? I didnt have to with mine when I installed it but my re-writer
had to maintain mastership over the old plain jane CD drive to get everything to work
right.

if this is a second drive.. is the 4 pin audio cable run from the CDRW drive to the
sound card/mainboard? I didnt have to with mine when I installed it but my re-writer
had to maintain mastership over the old plain jane CD drive to get everything to work
right.

it's what i recod all stuff onto CD on, My E: drive. It's connected to the main processor via USB

maybe a driver issue. did you have to install a driver bundle and reboot with the device attatched? or was this a psudo-PnP kinda deal?

there was a driver installation disc with the re-writer, yes. sorry for loooooooong delay.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.