I Have tried some of the staff But my computer just switches on and then Nothing, thinking i should try replacing the processor, do you think this is a good Idea.. help please before i losse my money

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

My other PC always show an irritating Floppy disk ERROR at start up and after completing Booting and everything running the floppy wont read, it always say drive not ready, have tried several methods, changing the connections, changing the bios settings and the like to fix it but to no avail what should I do?

My other PC always show an irritating Floppy disk ERROR at start up and after completing Booting and everything running the floppy wont read, it always say drive not ready, have tried several methods, changing the connections, changing the bios settings and the like to fix it but to no avail what should I do?

hi and welcome to the forum

floppy disk error eh... ok this could be any of these things.
1. faulty floppy drive itself.
2. faulty wiring (ie flat ribon type cable with a twist in it)
3. the cable is the wrong way round (note if the drive light is on all the time when it shouldn't be)
4. faulty connection/controller on the motherboard.

sometimes a visual inspection of the machine and its setup can give a lot away and you might have to pay out a small amount for new parts for the machine. try these afore mentioned things though by either testing in another machine or by changing cables.:)

hi! i guess i have a similar problem, but instead i used my CD to reboot & i changed da settings at BIOS to boot via the CD-Rom but still nothing happens it restarts with no rebooting & i can't get past the windows logo everytime i tried. If anybody has an idea what i could do please tell me. thnx

hi mayoya, make sure that your cd-rom is working fine and check your disc also if no problem...

My HP Pavillion Notebook (2002), Win XP, won't boot up. Says there is no hard drive. However, if I work on pushing various keys and checking those pages, F2, F12, esc, ctl-alt-del, ctl-alt-B, and restarting many times (about ten minutes), sometimes it will boot and I can use the notebook normally. I made a BIOS restore disk and tried to boot from the CD, but that only worked once. Once I have it working I can use the Internet, access programs like Word, etc., play games. I leave it in standby so I can get back to it. This is not a solution, not practical, and of course I can't take it with me on trips, etc, as it would be useless. I like this machine and it has served me very well for six years. The battery has been dead for two years. I am trying to avoid Vista so I don't want to buy a new machine. I can afford a new one. That isn't the problem. How can I get it to recognize the hard drive? I'm not a techie, just an old lady.

recently downloaded some new music to my laptop then turned it off
a week or two later i switched it back on, and it wont start up
it gives me two options : launch startup repair (recommended) or start windows normally, both of which eventually lead to a blank blue screen.
cannot work out what the problem is, and whether its related to the music i downloaded - if it gave me a virus or something
what should i do?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.