Hi guys,

This issue is driving me crazy. I have an assembled unit and the CD-ROM just wont load anything. Everytime i load a CD/DVD it says the following error consistently

CDStart.Exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006).

THe CDdrive is HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B and i tried hunting for a driver off the net and can't find it.

Seeking you help in getting this resolved. I desperately need to load an Anti-virus CD on it. The CD works in safe mode though.

Hey Buddha et al;

I am seeing the same error: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006)." It is also for an executible file "Demo32.exe"

Intrestingly, I also have a brand new LG device, a multi-drive (GSA-H22N) recognized as a HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H22N. It is marketed as a x18 DVD/CD RW device.

To echo the sentiments: HELP!

The Mad Marks

Hi guys,

This issue is driving me crazy. I have an assembled unit and the CD-ROM just wont load anything. Everytime i load a CD/DVD it says the following error consistently

CDStart.Exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006).

THe CDdrive is HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B and i tried hunting for a driver off the net and can't find it.

Seeking you help in getting this resolved. I desperately need to load an Anti-virus CD on it. The CD works in safe mode though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.