i have one onboard speaker and would like to add some more but my mobo wont accept the speakers (4 pin) is there anything i could do? as i am looking ito pimping my pc with heaps of internal speakers

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

What purpose would having multiple internal speakers serve? The internal speakers barely do anything as is (other than beep on POST). I would think that adding more than one internal speaker would be anything but pimp.

yeahim just trying to pimp up the computer and make it look good so i can hear the bass of those posts

Bass? From internal speakers? Heavens, I'd pay to hear that! ;)

If you're looking to pimp your PC, I suggest you look into other avenues of modding, such as fancy lights, plexiglass panels, neat cabling and the odd fishtank window.

If you really must install additional internal speakers, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

okay....i have everything BUT the speakers----would it be ok if it were for show---eg-40 speakers that are not plugged in

okay....i have everything BUT the speakers----would it be ok if it were for show---eg-40 speakers that are not plugged in

Well hey, whatever catches your fancy!

i will

Strange notion, but okay...I don't think a mobo with integrated speakers provides for a header to attach another speaker. Even if they do, the board will probably have only one header to attach a speaker. If you're good with wiring, you could rig all 40 speakers in parallel to a single plug. Though Im not sure how that would sound...;)

If you really wanted to add speakers that have boom, learn a bit about electronics. Find out the output voltage and amperage on the speaker header and attach a relay switch to the header so that it triggers a device that can give you more bang during your post. The speaker header simply isn't enough to power the type of speakers that you're talking about.

yeah i managed to wire around 12 speakers to the board

sounds allright

now i have the courage of knowing my pc is posting

one more thing though,if i add novelty speakers (unplugged iternal ones) would it be okay to connect them by there magnets

As long as you keep the magnets away from the components, ESPECIALLY the hard drive

okay thanks

i was thinking of putting them all over the floor of the case (aronud 5cm away from components--is this alright?

:!:

okay thanks

i was thinking of putting them all over the floor of the case (aronud 5cm away from components--is this alright?

i'm putting some speakers in an ibook.... get back to me, please... fuck the idiots w/the all too good to mod thier internal speakers additudes, ok? i need some experianced comments on what's up w/my modding? peace~

oh yea, they are a bit big, that's the issue... they came from a pc.... not really a mac fan myself... doing a fav... the tweeters i took out were awfully useless..... what's an apple w/o music capabilities worth in public??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.