I just bought a new Samsung flat screen monitor, SyncMaster 955df, and it gets fuzzy near the border, especialy the text in my web address bar. I have tried everything to get it to focus. I am not sure whether it is the monitor or the settings. Any suggestions on how to possibly fix this or if anyone else has had similar problems.

Specs for the monitor - .2mm dot pitch and 1600X1200 max resolution
Current settings - 1280X1024 at 75HZ

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I just bought a new Samsung flat screen monitor, SyncMaster 955df, and it gets fuzzy near the border, especialy the text in my web address bar. I have tried everything to get it to focus.

It's the monitor. Edge-focus is notoriously tricky on flat-screen picture tubes. I have not found anything on adjusting the focus for this model. A quick check on the web indicates that you are not alone, though it seems to be more of a sample-defect problem rather than a poor design; a replacement should be OK. As a former monitor repairman, I have no problem recommending Samsung as a brand, in general.

Thanks for your help, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy since I have already taken back one of these monitors that had blotches in each corner. I guess it will take just one more trip to best buy.

Thanks for your help, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy since I have already taken back one of these monitors that had blotches in each corner. I guess it will take just one more trip to best buy.

KLEJ,

TallCool is correct. A replacement is required. It's unfortunate you have to do so and even more so that you already have once before... but faults such as that are trickier to find at manufacturers quality inspection stations, and are frequently passed without anyone knowing the wiser. You just happened to luck out and get the 2 out of 500 (just an example) that are expected field failures. Perhaps someone is testing your patience? ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.