I have an Acer CDRW 20x10x40 CD writer. It was working fine and I have written a number of CDs on it. However recently I bought CDs from 3 vendors and all of them when I put them in the CDRW and right click for properties showed that they were full (blue in color in properties in windows).
The CDs could not be faulted because I bought them from a different place each time. The writer cannot be faulted because I have used it before. Anyway the problem is before I am beginning to write. Why is windows showing me that the CDs are full (in blue color in properties)? Is my CDRW outdated and there are compatibility issues here or what?

rational611

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

what OS are you using?

If its 98/me then its fine. Writing to a CD is more complex then a floppy and your HD. Since 98/me came out before writers were widespread the cd were considered locked. And when you go to write on a cd, it has to open a new data session and several other things. The exacts reason also cause the inability to just drag and drop files, because then each file would have its own data session which starts to get ineffecient.

I have an Acer CDRW 20x10x40 CD writer. It was working fine and I have written a number of CDs on it. However recently I bought CDs from 3 vendors and all of them when I put them in the CDRW and right click for properties showed that they were full (blue in color in properties in windows).
The CDs could not be faulted because I bought them from a different place each time. The writer cannot be faulted because I have used it before. Anyway the problem is before I am beginning to write. Why is windows showing me that the CDs are full (in blue color in properties)? Is my CDRW outdated and there are compatibility issues here or what?

They will always show "full" from Windows98/Me. In order to see their true state you must examine them from within your CD-burning software. What SW are you using?

I am using Windows 2000 Prof and Prassi Primo CD Plus. I think previously when I was using Win98SE things were fine. But now even Prassi is showing the same problem and it says disk(ie the CD) is full and it cannot write to the CD and the writing session is aborted. Is this due to the OS Windows 2000?

rational611

I am using Windows 2000 Prof and Prassi Primo CD Plus. I think previously when I was using Win98SE things were fine. But now even Prassi is showing the same problem and it says disk(ie the CD) is full and it cannot write to the CD and the writing session is aborted. Is this due to the OS Windows 2000?

Prassi Primo CD Plus is now RecordNow. Earlier versions are no longer supported (no updates for years) and don't work under WinNT.

I am trying out RecordNow. But why is the blank CD being shown as full in blue color ( as against the pink color for empty CDs) in Windows 2000 properties? Can't you record CDs under Windows 2000?

rational611

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.