My inspiron won't get past the windows xp loading screen. It just clicks and then goes right back to it or goes black and gets a blinking cursor. I was on the phone with Dell for 2 hrs. yesterday and they said it wasn't the hard drive and it took out and replaced the hard drive, battery, memory cards, but nothing helped. I had installed stopzilla the night beofre nad I wonder if that is a problem. i can get to the BIOS screen but it won't load up form the recovery disc. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

ngfields,

Can you boot to the XP setup screen with the recovery CD? If so, you can run some commands from the Recovery Console to help mend Windows back together. Let me know.

J_

ngfields,

Can you boot to the XP setup screen with the recovery CD? If so, you can run some commands from the Recovery Console to help mend Windows back together. Let me know.

J_

I can't get it to pick up the recovery disc. Sometimes it asks to boot from it, but when I hit enter, it sunds like the disc is working, thenit just stops. Sometimes it just shows that blinking cursor. the only scrreen I can get to is the BIOS screen

My inspiron won't get past the windows xp loading screen. It just clicks and then goes right back to it or goes black and gets a blinking cursor. I was on the phone with Dell for 2 hrs. yesterday and they said it wasn't the hard drive and it took out and replaced the hard drive, battery, memory cards, but nothing helped. I had installed stopzilla the night beofre nad I wonder if that is a problem. i can get to the BIOS screen but it won't load up form the recovery disc. Any suggestions?

you need to push f8 during bootup and go into safe mode. then uninstall that program

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.