I never liked Intel compared to AMD but lately I have used a few intel processors in laptops (older ones). The speed might be like 1.8GHz but it compares to like 2._GHz to amd cpu's...

I want to build my own ultimate computer. I was going to use the AMD 1100T processor but was looking and found the Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz, obviosly it is .1GHz quicker but it is only $100 more instead of the usally $1000 processor by intel. It is socket 1155 so not vary common but seems worth it.

I compared at this site http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-2600K+%40+3.40GHz, and it looks like it is twice as better...

Why? I am assuming it is the hyper-threading, becuase it has a rank of twice as much.....

What do you think?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

..any processors will do as long as it has great hyper threading and big cache..Intel and AMD are great processors manufacturers..In terms of budgets, AMD ranks first while Intel ranks second..In gaming & multitasking, Intel and AMD does not have a big gap to each other..AMD is good for gaming while Intel is best for multitasking..i hope it helps!..^_^..

..any processors will do as long as it has great hyper threading

Then it has to be Intel, as AMD do not have Hyper-Threading

Since I am going to be burning several disks at a time while encoding others, while on the internet, while playing games and etc at once I should get intel? Because it is nice for multi-tasking??

Any multi-cored processor can do multi-tasking. My AMD processor has 6 cores and does so quite well :).

I also like AMD however considering today's model, its Intel I like.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.