Hi,

I have Acer Travelmate 2700, bought a year back.I have just started experiencing a power related problem.
When I am trying to boot the laptop on AC Power,it struggles a few times and then boots normally.But after some time (varies from 10 min to a couple of hours) the power shifts to battery (easily detectable as LCD goes dim) even when the adapter is connected to Live AC Socket.After that the power never goes back to AC unless I shut down the laptop and starts again.

When I shutdown the laptop,from indicator(it blinks sometime !?!), I can see battery is getting charged .

What can be the reason of this? Could you please advice how to solve the problem ?

Thanks,Santanu

Member Avatar for mikemark

Hi,

I have Acer Travelmate 2700, bought a year back.I have just started experiencing a power related problem.
When I am trying to boot the laptop on AC Power,it struggles a few times and then boots normally.But after some time (varies from 10 min to a couple of hours) the power shifts to battery (easily detectable as LCD goes dim) even when the adapter is connected to Live AC Socket.After that the power never goes back to AC unless I shut down the laptop and starts again.

When I shutdown the laptop,from indicator(it blinks sometime !?!), I can see battery is getting charged .

What can be the reason of this? Could you please advice how to solve the problem ?

Thanks,Santanu

sounds like a bad connection in either the external ps or the power cable, connector or even the internal connector on the laptop, sounds like youll have to exercise electronics repair shop or if you are already able to fix this stuff...
i hope that helped:)

ACER travelmate laptops have been known to develop power jack problems due to soldering issues between the jack pins and the motherboard. Check each jack pin for crap soldering or cracks. Be careful when taking apart acer travelmate laptops ad they have hard to reach flat cables. I would suggest taking off the keyboard first so you can replace cables easier.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.