Hey, i have a video card, its an Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 , 256MB. I have an Emachine, so it only has a PCI slot, not PCI E. This is a PCI card and i have installed it once on my computer already. I am trying to install it again and when it loads up it comes up with the BIOS for the card and shows the card's information on the screen. then it loads everything until it gets to the windows XP screen. It shows the bar and then two bricks of the blue loading bar come across. It then stops after that. I have installed this card before and it worked. Could anti-virus software be getting in the way or something like that? Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You might want to go into safe mode by pressing F8 before the Windows logo loads. From there, you can go into device manager, and remove the drivers, or perhaps install a different version of the drivers. That might keep your system from hanging at boot.

You might want to go into safe mode by pressing F8 before the Windows logo loads. From there, you can go into device manager, and remove the drivers, or perhaps install a different version of the drivers. That might keep your system from hanging at boot.

hmm i dont think its explained well enough...see i had installed the graphics card on my computer then it got a virus and took out the card because i thought it had something to do with the problem. Well the guy i took it too couldnt save my stuff so he just fixed it and then installed a lot of anti-virus software...trojan hunter, pest patrol...etc. Well anyway i went to go put in the graphics card and when i put it in it goes in fine. i turn on the computer and windows wont load (freezes at the blue bar). i dont understand why this happens because last time i installed the card i didnt have any problems. I dont think it could be the drivers because last time i didnt use the disk it installed without it. However, went i try to enter safe mode it just scolls down a list of stuff that has DRIVERS in it and some other things. If i take the graphics card out windows loads fine. I can get the disk for the drivers but i dont understand why i would need it. Any suggestions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.