Hello, all.

This morning, my PC won't boot. It just displayed the blue screen showing Intel's logo and the Esc, F9, F11 options for Boot Menu, Diagnostics, etc.

I tried unplugging the powerchord and pressed the power button for 20 secs, then I plugged again the powerchord and now, the monitor wont display anything (except black screen, of course), and it automatically shuts down.

Two days ago, my PC hanged twice while I'm using Ubuntu 11.04. Windows 7 is also installed though I seldom use it.

Here are the specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6700
2048MB DDR2
320GB 3G Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce 8400 3D

The fans are turning when I checked it. But I just can't open the casing and check the drives and motherboard, I have to get it to our Tech Support (company policy). However, I really like to seek first your opinion, see if I can do it myself.

Thanks in advance. I'd really appreciate any help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

1) Do you hear any beep sounds?

Steps:

1) Clearing the CMOS
2) Make sure the computer is receiving enough voltage to power up
3) Take everything out of your computer and place them back again. They maybe lose. You can also check for faulty parts or blown fuse.
4) Is the power supply voltage the require one for your computer.
5) Check whether any screw inside your computer is loose. Shake the computer case to hear whether there are loose screws. if there is, tighten it. You have to open the case first.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.